(34) Bering Building
Address: 102 North Chicago Street
Besides offices and apartments, the building housed Black Hills Motor Company when it was first open in 1928. This construction date again is quite late for the utilization of cut stone anywhere else in South Dakota. Classical in detail, the building mixes what appears to be limestone with the native Lakota sandstone. Three second story pilasters separate limestone-hooded windows. These openings, with two smaller windows flanking a larger one, are often called Chicago windows. Once gain limestone is used to decorate the cornice with vertical joined bands. A wide belt course separates the first floor from the second and has classical molding at the top.
The Bering Building is the last structure to come out of the Evans Quarry.