(27) Transfer, Feed and Fuel Building

Built: 1909

Address: 243 North River Street

In addition to the numerous retail businesses, the post office also occupied this building, which has a symmetrical facade. Pilasters separate the stone front's openings with glass block being used as infill. A corner entryway has a three-quarter glass door with transom as does the southern doorway. Small modillions appear along the cornice. The streetscape displays important aspects of historic areas- rhythm and scale. Also, the utilization of the same facing materials adds a cohesive element to the historic district.