(20) Harlou Building

Built: 1893

Address: 407 North River Street

The Harlou building was named after the two men who had it built. Dr Hargen and S. Loudenback, (they used the first three letters of their last names). Its second story is emphatically from the Victorian era and architecturally borrowing fro the Romanesque. Extremely tall, found arched windows with large keystones and triangular cornice decorations are characteristics of this period.